Thank you for reading this letter and for your interest in Boston Harbor Angels. Boston Harbor Angels has been investing in startups since 2005 and has a long tradition of supporting entrepreneurs.
We understand the challenge of starting a business and the risk you are taking. We are here to help. We also understand the need for investors to see a return on their investments in order to invest forward and make the world a better place one investment at a time.
Here is a short list of advice pertinent to the process of raising money from our group and any other angel investors:
- Angel investors focus a lot on the entrepreneur, so please tell us about yourself.
- Most investors will only remember one item from your first pitch.
- Raising money is a long and arduous process therefore never be impatient, desperate or difficult.
- The process at times can be very confusing, but don’t expect anyone to hold your hand, you are an entrepreneur after all.
- Know your audience and prepare for that audience.
- Dream and dream big.
- Intelligent persistence is one of the most important qualities.
Good luck and remember, we are all on the same team!
Ziad H. Moukheiber
President and CEO, Boston Harbor Angels Inc.