Tag - Landsdowne Labs

New Tech Could Protect Kids From Harmful Effects of Swallowing Tiny Batteries

New technology could protect children from the harmful effects of tiny batteries found in common everyday devices like remotes and toys. According to Poison Control, when a child swallows a button battery, the tissue in the esophagus creates a current, causing an alkaline burn similar to ingesting Drano. In a worst-case scenario, the battery can erode into a blood vessel. Scientists in Fairfield, Connecticut, are developing ChildLok -- button battery technology designed to deactivate batteries after they’ve been accidentally ingested...
Read more...

Tech companies tackle safety issues with new devices

Safety for babies, bike riders, and curious kids are all on display at CES 2020 - Suffice it to say, there’s a lot -- a LOT -- of stuff at the Consumer Electronics Show. The product Landsdowne created to offset the dangers of ingesting a battery is called “ChildLok.” The company claims that, through deactivation, chemical burns, permanent tissue damage to the esophagus, and even death may be reduced. Read more >>
Read more...